From an environmental and economic point of view, being energy efficient with home heating benefits us all.
- Turning your heating down by 1 degree can save you 10% on your home heating bill
- Turning the thermostat down on your boiler will heat rads and water to much the same degree but will burn a lot less oil
- Upgrade your system to allow for programming of the home heating so the heating isn’t on when you aren’t home.
- Service your boiler annually to ensure it’s running at peak efficiency.
- Ensure there are no draughts where heat loss can occur
- Try and ensure that you have sufficient oil at all times. Running out can damage the boiler